Friday, November 16, 2007

Reviving the blog and other news-- ODR gets temporary reprieve

I apologize for the paucity in posts since late Spring. It takes more discipline or change of habit than anticipated. Nevertheless, I'm trying to pick up the pace with the help of my student assistants, Elizabeth Marum and Shannon Hodder. Elizabeth is graduating in December, and Shannon will be taking over. I could also use help from the readers of this blog. If you have an issue, news, comment, etc. regarding ADR in Georgia, please sent it to me, and I'll post it.

Here's some big news: The Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution received a grant from the Georgia Legal Foundation to cover the current year's massive budget shortfall caused by some odd decision making in the General Assembly. GODR's Director, Shinji Morokuma, will have his work cut out for him during the next session to get ODR's budget reinstated. If you have friends in high places, please contact Shinji to coordinate efforts.

No comments: